Malaysia My Second Home program has one of the most stringent financial requirements as compared to retirement visas from other countries. The government places importance on attracting the people who are financially strong to support their stay here.
MM2H Visa Application: Financial Requirements
- Applicants below the age of 50 years must provide proof of liquid financial assets or financial strength of at least RM500,000 and an offshore income equivalent to RM10,000 per month. There is no need to transfer any money to Malaysia yet. What is required are bank statements (the three months prior to submission)
- Applicants above the age of 50 years must provide proof of liquid financial assets or financial strength of at least RM350,000 and an offshore income equivalent to RM10,000 per month. There is no need to transfer any money to Malaysia yet. What is required are bank statements (the three months prior to submission)
- Sources of income: salary, investment returns, government pension, interest, rental of properties, royalty or any other income type earned outside Malaysia. Please let us know how you are going to meet this requirement. Some income may not be monthly income. It can be used but we need to work together on this matter.
- Sources of financial strength: Property valuation are not considered. All others are acceptable but you need to let us know what you have.
- Upon visa approval and in order for the visa to be stamped on the passport, the participant needs to deposit RM300,000 (below the age of 50) or RM150,000 (above the age of 50) in a bank operating in Malaysia. It will be a bank of his/her choice.
MM2H Visa Application: Non-financial Requirements
- Marriage certificate if it is a husband/wife application. Common law and same gender marriage certificate or documents are not acceptable - they have to apply as two separate individuals. Photocopy or scanned copy is acceptable.
- Birth certificate if children less than the age of twenty one are following as dependents. The parents of the children must be the applicants themselves. If either parent is not the natural parent, then custody letters must be provided. This is a requirement that is strictly enforced. Photocopies or scanned copies are acceptable. Birth certificate is not required for the applicants. It is only meant to show that you are the natural parents of the children you intend to include under the MM2H program.
- Original letter of no criminal records, letter of good conduct, police clearance letters or police certificate. It must be issued by government of the country of residence, domicile or citizenship only. Of course the letter of no criminal record has to show a clean record.
- Self-declared health certificate during application. Upon approval, a medical checkup is required and it must be conducted by a Malaysian-registered doctor in Malaysia. Infectious diseases like HIV, AIDS, TB, Hepatitis, etc will be a disqualifying factor.
Steps To Apply
Alter Domus will guide you all the way through the process. There is NO need to download any forms as we will prepare and fill in the forms for you. All you need to do is to sign the forms. We will also provide you with a checklist of documents that we need. As each individual is unique financially, the checklist will be tailored to your requirements. You just need to provide us with the basic documents listed below and we will prepare the rest for you, you don't have to worry about it.
- Professional curriculum vitae
- Passport sized, coloured photographs (4 for each applicant)
- Original letter of good conduct
- Marriage certificate, birth certificates (if children are following)
- Bank statements showing financial strength and income (three months of bank statements prior to submission are required)
- Income source documents -pension letters, paystubs, salary slips, investment advice, etc.
We will furnish additional forms like the personal bond, MM2H application form, health form, authorization forms and Immigration forms when we submit the application. Some of these forms will require your signature and some do not require your signature.