Malaysia My Second Home program has one of the most stringent financial requirements as compared to retirement visa from other countries. The government places importance on attracting the people who are financially strong to support their stay here.
MM2H Visa Application: Financial Requirements
- Applicants below the age of 50 years must provide proof of liquid financial assets or finanial strength of at least RM 500,000 and an offshore income equalling RM 10,000 per month. There is no need to transfer any money to Malaysia. What is required are bank statements (the three months prior to submission)
- Applicants above the age of 50 years must provide proof of liquid financial assets or finanial strength of at least RM 350,000 and an offshore income equalling RM 10,000 per month. There is no need to transfer any money to Malaysia. What is required are bank statements (the three months prior to submission)
- Sources of income: salary, investment returns, government pension, interest, rental of properties, royalty or any other income type earned outside Malaysia. Please let us know how you are going meet this requirement. Some income may not be monthly income. It can be used but we need to work together on this matter.
- Sources of financial strength: Property valuation are not considered. All others are acceptable but you need to let us know what you have.
- Upon visa aproval and in order for the visa to be stamped on the passport, the participant needs to deposit RM300,000 (below the age of 50) or RM150,000 (above the age of 50) in a bank operating in Malaysia. It will be a bank of his/her choice.
- If the approved applicant has invested in and owns a Malaysian property worth of RM 1 million or more without any mortgage, the fixed deposit will be reduced from RM300,000 to RM150,000 and RM150,000 to RM100,000. However, the participant are not allowed to do any fixed deposit withdrawlals the following year (i.e. direct withdrawal of funds when the application is approved).
MM2H Visa Application: Non-financial Requirements
- Marriage certificate if it is a husband/wife application. Common law and same gender marriage certificate or documents are not acceptable. They have to apply as two separate individuals. Photocopy or scanned copy is acceptable.
- Birth certifcate if children less than the age of twenty one are following as dependents. The parents of the children must be the applicants themselves. If one of the parent is not the natural parents, then custody letters must be accompanied. This is a requirement that is strictly enforced. Photocopies or scanned copies are acceptable. Birth certificate is not required for the applicants. It is only meant to show that you are the natural parents of the children you intend to bring them under the MM2H program.
- Original letter of no criminal records, letter of good conduct, police clearance letters or police certificate. It must be issued by government of the country of residence, domicile or citizenship only. Of course the letter of no criminal records has to be clean.
- Self-declared health certificate during application. Upon approval, a medical checkup is required and it is must be conducted by a Malaysia-registered doctor in Malaysia. Infectious diseases like HIV, AIDS, TB, Hepatitis, etc will be a disqualifying factor.
Steps To Apply
Alter Domus will guide you all the way through the process. There is NO need download any forms as we will prepare and fill in the forms for you. All you need to do is to sign the forms. We will also provide you with a checklist of documents that we need. As each individual is unique financially, the checklist will be tailored to your requirements. However, the basic documents are listed below but you don't have to worry about it.
- MM2H application forms, health forms, financial and employment authorizaation and immigration forms
- Professional curriculum vitae
- Passport size, coloured photographs
- Original letter of good conduct
- Marriage certificate, birth certificates (if children are following)
- Bank statements showing financial strength and income (three months of bank statements prior to submission are required)
- Income source documents -pension letters, paystubs, salary slips, investment advice, etc.
We will furnish additional forms like the personal bond when we submit the application. However, these forms do not require your signature.